- Directed the legal and regulatory provisions relating to the Agency’s area of competence, ensuring compliance with the decisions of the Collegiate Board and ANP’s plans and programs;
- Coordinated adjustments and modifications of the upstream to downstream sector legislation necessary for the modernization of the oil and biofuels industry activities;
- Led the implementation of the RenovaBio Program, within ANP’s scope, and of the biomethane in the biofuels market;
- Approved the public notices and concession contracts of the bidding rounds for oil and natural gas exploration blocks (14th to 16th rounds), of the Production Sharing bids (2nd to 6th rounds) and the bidding for the surplus of the onerous transfer of rights;
- Coordinated the edition of ANP Resolution no. 726/2018 and amendment of the Local Content Clause of several Concession and Sharing Contracts in effect;
- Coordinated the proposal presented to Pedefor to implement the bonus mechanism foreseen in Decree 8637/16;
- Initiated studies for the new regulatory framework on decommissioning guarantees for production facilities, which is currently being prepared;
- Approved the first reduction in the royalty rate on incremental production from a mature field, as provided for in ANP Resolution No. 749/2018;
- Stimulated the consolidation of the Technological Research and Analysis Center as a research center with international recognition, being accredited according to ISO 17025.
Aurélio Cesar Nogueira Amaral
Consulting Partner | Regulatory and Governmental Relations group
Former director of the National Agency of Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels (ANP), Aurélio worked at the regulatory agency for 11 years. During his term on the board approved several decisions within the Collegiate Board of ANP, as well as coordinated various projects in the areas directly related.
He participated in several international missions looking for investment opportunities in Norway, China, Iran, technical visit of Biogas to the British Embassy in Brasilia, United Kingdom and as a speaker in several national and international events related to the oil, natural gas and biofuels sector.
- MBA in Marketing and Management by Trevisan College.
- Specialist in Governmental Sciences and Techniques – CITEG Marketing Governmental by FUNDAP.
- Bachelor in Law by São Bernardo Law School.
Participation in International Missions
- Mission Norway, Royal Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy – MEP and Norwegian Petroleum Directorate – NPD and the companies Equinor and Gassco, Oslo/Bergen, Investment opportunities in the upstream sector, Norway, 2019.
- China mission, Investment opportunities in Brazil’s oil and gas sector, Beijing/Chongqingotc, 2018.
- Mission USA on North American biofuel policies Low Carbon Fuel Standard (RFS) to inform RenovaBio regulation, Washington/ Sacramento, USA, 2018.
- Iran and India mission coordinated by the Ministry of Mines and Energy, Investment Opportunities, Iran and India, 2016.
- British Embassy in Brasilia – Biogas Technical Visit, United Kingdom, 2016.
Congresses and Seminars
WLPG & AIGLP, Escenario actual y perspectivas para el sector del GLP en Brasil, 2019, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 2019.
13th ISO DATAGRO NEW YORK SUGAR & ETHANOL CONFERENCE, New York, USA, 2019.
OTC, Bidding rounds planned for 2019, Houston, USA, 2019.
Ministry of Science, Technology, Innovations and Communications (MCTIC) and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ – German Agency for Technical Cooperation), Alternative Fuels without Climate Impacts (ProQR), Berlin, Germany, 2017.
I Encuentro Iberoamericano de Autoridades Reguladoras – Gas LP Sector, Mexico City, Mexico, 2010.
NOVACANA ETHANOL CONFERENCE, NOVACANA.COM, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, SP editions.
DATAGRO INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SUGAR AND ETHANOL, DATAGRO, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 editions, SP.
ETHANOL SUMMIT, UNICA, 2017, 2018, 2019 editions, São Paulo.
NATIONAL TRR CONVENTION, SindTRR, editions of 2017, 2018, 2019, SP.
Portuguese and English.