Practice AreasMergers and acquisitions, corporate transactions in general, project development on infrastructure and energy projects (renewable and traditional), project finance, development and negotiation of complex contractual structures, contracts in the defense and aerospace business.
+55 11 3294 1100
With 30 years of experience in energy and infrastructure, Pedro has a deep understanding of technical aspects of such sectors. Together with his legal expertise, this knowledge allows him to conduct project development and M&A transactions with careful but creative risk analysis and mitigation strategies, and effective contract negotiation skills.
Pedro has been assisting clients in all aspects related to energy project development. His experience includes regulatory and corporate matters, structuring project contracts and financing structures. Pedro has a unique experience in assisting international clients in the negotiation of supply and other contracts with the Brazilian military in the field of defense and aerospace transactions. Between 1996 and 1998, Pedro was a foreign associate with the New York offices of Skadden, Arps, Meagher & Flom LLP.
- Academy of American and International Law, The Center for American and International Law, Texas, USA, 1995.
- Graduation by the Law School of the University of São Paulo (USP), in 1991.
- Officer of the Power Law Committee of the International Bar Association (IBA).
- General Counsel for the Brazilian Independent Power Producers Association (Associação Brasileira dos Produtores Independentes de Energia Elétrica – APINE), 2003 to 2015.
PUBLICATIONS AND ARTICLES
- Brazil chapter of Getting the Deal Through Market Intelligence – Project Finance 2015 and 2016. London: Law Business Research.
- Article “Seeking the right infrastructure for economic growth”, for the book 40 Anos de Direito Empresarial no Brasil. São Paulo: Quartier Latin, 2016, p. 197-214.
- Author of the Brazil chapter of Getting the Deal Through Market Intelligence – Oil Regulation 2010. Londres: Global Competition Review, 2010.
- Article “BRIC or Break? Will Brazil’s New Energy Model Help Achieve its Economic Goals?”, in Latin America Energy Report. Concord: WorldTrade Executive, 2005.
- Articles and interviews in publications such as: Revista Custo Brasil, Revista Investidor Institucional, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes Website, Yahoo Finance e Ethanol Producer Magazine.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Pedro has been referred to in the most relevant legal guides, such as Chambers Global, Chambers Latin America, The Legal 500, Latin Lawyer 250, Who’s Who Legal, IFLR 1000, Expert Guides and Análise Advocacia 500. He is also recommended by Latin Lawyer – Masters of M&A and by LACCA Approved: Best Lawyers to Work with in Banking and Financial Transactions and Energy in Latin America.
- Portuguese, English, and Spanish.