With over 30 years of experience, he has developed extensive expertise in corporate law, working in multinational companies, particularly in regulated markets, complex operations, infrastructure projects, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate matters, national and international contracts, litigation, intellectual property, and competition issues.
He served as the Legal Vice President of TIM S.A. from 2010 to 2022. Jaques also worked at Tetra Pak as the Legal Director responsible for South America, Central America, and the Caribbean from 2007 to 2010. From 1994 to 2007, He was the Corporate Legal Manager and Legal Director of subsidiary companies at Shell. Prior to that, he worked as Legal Counsel at Atlantic Company of Oil (ARCO Petroleum Co.) from 1992 to 1994, as a Lawyer at Franco, Bhering, Barbosa e Novaes law firm for one year, and as a Senior Tax Consultant at Arthur Andersen for four years.
- Executive LL.M in Corporate Law from CEU Law School, affiliated with ISE Business School in Barcelona, Spain.
- Negotiation and Competitive Decision Making from Harvard Law School, USA.
- Program of Instruction for Lawyers from Harvard Law School, USA.
- Academy of American and International Law from The Center for American and International Law, USA.
- Postgraduate degree in Tax Law from Universidade Cândido Mendes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law from Universidade Cândido Mendes.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Recognized as one of the Most Admired Legal Directors in Brazil by Análise Yearbook in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2022.
- 2022 Legal Innovations in Operations Award by CLOC (The Corporate Legal Operations Consortium, USA).
- Member of the Advisory Board of Ibrademp (Brazilian Institute of Corporate Law).
- Member of the Advisory Board of the 30% Club (Chapter Brazil).
- Certified Board Member by IBGC (Brazilian Institute of Corporate Governance) since 2015.
- Portuguese, English, and Spanish.