COMPLIANCE & CORPORATE GOVERNANCE
The experience of our lawyers – who are trained in anticorruption antitrust and compliance-related matters in Brazil and abroad – and our cooperation with highly specialized international law firms make us uniquely prepared to develop effective compliance programs in Brazil and in other jurisdictions where our clients operate or do business.
We work hand-in-hand with our clients to identify areas of risk to their business and design and implement practical compliance programs tailored to their needs.
We provide anticorruption and antitrust trainings to board members, officers and employees, and frequently advise our clients on anticorruption and antitrust due diligence in any type of transactions including mergers and acquisitions.
Our extensive experience in compliance-related matters allows us to maximize benefits to our clients, identifying and mitigating risks and optimizing costs.
How we can help:
• Legal advice on the prevention of corruption, fraud and anticompetitive practice.
• Design and implementation of effective compliance programs according to Brazilian and international laws.
• Anticorruption and antitrust training.
• Development of policies tailored to client’s needs and sizes.
• Conduction of internal investigations with secrecy and impartiality.
• Anticorruption and antitrust due diligence in M&A transactions.
• Defense and management of administrative liability proceedings (local acronym PAR), public civil actions and antitrust procedures.
• Assistance in negotiating and drafting leniency agreements with relevant authorities.