Oilfield Services, Offshore Supply & Shipbuilding
As a full-service provider, the firm assists clients in all segments of the oil & gas industry.
In the capacity of counsel for operators, rig and ship-owners, shipyards, lenders, investors, guarantors, insurers, oilfield service providers as well as manufacturers of topsides and critical lead items in offshore construction, the firm has participated in a wide array of projects involving the construction, upgrade, conversion, purchase & sale, chartering and operation of:
• Drillships and semisubmersibles.
• Floaters such as FPSOs, FSRUs, FPUs, FSOs and FLNGs.
• Offshore drilling structures such as drill barges, jack-up rigs, spars and TLPs.
• Offshore support vessels such as PSVs, AHTS, and all other kinds of OSRVs.
• PLSVs and seismic shooting vessels.
How we can help:
• Instructs clients in all matters relating to the internalization of rigs and floaters into Brazilian waters, local content requirements, special tax suspension/ exemption regimes, customs clearance, port authority regulations, ship/rig management issues, and all kinds of regulatory compliance requirements applicable to this industry.
• Takes care of all labor and immigration matters relating to expats and seafarers, including handling collective bargaining agreements.
• Counsels on tax issues in all activities in the petroleum shipping industry spectrum.
• Handles the nuts and bolts of all transactional documentation – clients are free to focus on their commercial goals.
• Proactively manages the construction of ships, rigs and floaters Supports clients in all matters of project funding, from traditional ship finance through sophisticated capital markets transactions and M&A deals.
• Advises on matters of environmental law and intellectual property.
• Goes all the way with clients through cost-effective and intelligent dispute resolution, particularly in mediation and arbitration, areas where the firm earns special praise from clients and the industry.