Energy and Renewable Sources
Schmidt, Valois, Miranda, Ferreira, Agel is recognized for its experience in the development of power generation, transmission, distribution and marketing projects.
We represent investors, operators, financial institutions and free and captive consumers in commercial transactions in the electricity sector.
In the renewable energy sector, the firm acts particularly on the development and financing of green & brown field projects, involving all legal aspects of such projects, including the analysis of regulatory and tax issues.
Our professionals advise companies on public bids for concessions in transmission and generation, assistance in obtaining authorizations as well as in the revision of tariffs and prices with the Brazilian Electricity Regulatory Agency (ANEEL). We also provide advice on the sale of energy in the free market and on the review of the regulatory framework of the industry, as well as on administrative proceedings before the ANEEL and the Ministry of Mines and Energy.
Some members of our team have worked for over 10 years in governmental agencies and state-owned companies, a privilege which translates into deep understanding of the Brazilian government’s point of view.
How we can help:
• Advice on the structuring, preparation and negotiation of all aspects involved in electricity generation, transmission and distribution projects.
• Representation of companies before the Public Administration and industry agencies in administrative and court claims.
• Drafting, negotiation and risk analysis of contracts and advice on project expansions and acquisitions.
• Advice on environmental licensing of electric power generation, transmission and distribution projects.
• Follow-up of bid, granting, concession or authorization proceedings, as well as construction (EPC), financing and operation and maintenance (O&M) agreements.
• Advice on the structuring, preparation and negotiation of all aspects involved in electricity generation, transmission and distribution projects, as well as the energy trading.