The industry of investment funds, especially the private equity segment, is dynamic and creative, when the goal is to seek profitability for its clients. The development of this industry is directly related to the economic development of the country and the opportunities existing in the country and abroad. Schmidt, Valois, Miranda, Ferreira & Agel has a team of professionals dedicated to issues related to the Capital Market, working closely with other teams within our firm such as tax and corporate, amongst others. We assist investment fund managers at various stages of the investment cycle covering a broad range of funds – such as Equity Investment Funds, Real Estate Investment Funds, Credit Rights Investment Funds, since the structuring to divestment.
We have been assisting domestic and International private equities in their investments in target companies in Brazil, especially in the areas of natural resources and infrastructure. Our work covers legal and tax advice on the structure to be adopted for the acquisition of assets in Brazil, as well as the assistance to fund managers and management committees in the adoption of final investment decisions, relationship with quotaholders and target companies´ management teams.
How can we help:
• Legal advice in the structuring of investment funds,development of management structures,and acquisition of target companies;
• Legal advice for the adequacy and compliance with the standards issued by the Securities Commission and market self-regulating entities;
• Advice on the negotiation and participation in acts related to the ordinary activities of the investment funds, mainly in relation to the invested companies, to theirproperties,and the recovery of credits in processes of judicial recovery and bankruptcy;
• Advice and participation in meetings or assemblies, representing partners, quotaholders or shareholders in the negotiation of agreements and contracts and in corporate disputes;
• Assistance indrafting the investment funds´ internal rules, by-laws, shareholders agreements,and contracts, amongst others;
• Advice onadministrativeregistrations with the Brazilian Securities and Exchange Commission; and
• Assistance in due diligence processesfor the acquisition of target companies.