M&A E JOINT VENTURES
The involvement of the Schmidt, Valois, Miranda, Ferreira, Agel team in M&A transactions for acquisition of assets, particularly in the infrastructure and public service sectors, dates back to the early 1980s, when the privatization process of federal and state companies began.
Since then, the SVMFA’s partners have been recognized for their experience in assisting clients in M&A transactions, joint ventures and corporate restructurings.
We also advise clients on the structuring, development and financing of public-private partnerships in the infrastructure sector and in the structuring of consortia, joint bidding agreements and joint ventures for public bids. As a full service law firm, we provide consulting on all aspects related to M&A transactions, such as tax, labor, environmental and regulatory matters. Our team seeks to enable our clients’ deals in a creative and safe manner.
The firm’s practice includes due diligence for purchase and sale of assets and equity stakes in oil & gas, energy, mining, sugar and ethanol, real estate and technology companies, among others. Our practice also includes the analysis and mitigation of legal and tax risks resulting from M&A transactions and joint ventures in the natural resources and infrastructure sectors.
How we can help:
• Negotiation of purchase and sale of companies and assets.
• Due diligence.
• Tax planning.
• Data room structuring.
• Drafting and review of MOUs, LOIs, etc.
• Drafting and review of asset purchase agreements and other covenants.
• Structuring of contract warranties.
• Post-closing assistance (contingencies, price etc.)
• Advice on hostile takeovers and acquisition of shares in public offerings.
• Litigation and Arbitration.