Luiz Rodolfo da Assunção Ryff
Corporate, Contracts, M&A, Administrative/Regulatory Law and Sports Law
Experienced lawyer in strategic advisory and business governance. He has been assisting companies at different stages of maturity, from early phases to well-established ones in the market. His extensive expertise covers a wide range of areas essential for business success.
Throughout his career, Ryff stands out in developing comprehensive business plans, assisting companies in setting clear goals and implementing effective strategies. Additionally, he is a valuable partner in digital transformation and organizational growth, identifying opportunities and enhancing their competitive position. With skills in financial and corporate governance, Ryff implements efficient practices, ensuring compliance with regulations and a solid organizational structure. His experience also includes mergers and acquisitions, providing strategic guidance throughout the process.
Furthermore, he played a prominent role in the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games, coordinating the event’s dissolution and acting as General Counsel. His involvement ranged from contract termination to the reconfiguration of sports and non-sports facilities. Also, represented the Committee President in meetings with various stakeholders. His ability to handle complex issues, coupled with his commitment to accountability, social responsibility, sustainability, and transparency, make him a trusted partner for companies seeking high-level strategic guidance and governance.
- Certified in Global Executive Management: INSEAD Business School (Fontainebleau, France), with specializations in the following areas: Digital Transformation and Innovation; Mergers and Acquisitions and Corporate Strategy; Leadership.
Executive Program: Fundação Dom Cabral, Leadership Development Program.
- Course: New York University, Mediation and Negotiation.
- Post-Graduation in Civil Procedural Law from Universidade Cândido Mendes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law from Faculdade da Cidade.
- Name included in the GC Powerlist: Brazil edition, publication by “The Legal 500” – “focusing on General Counsels who have been instrumental in changing or shaping opinions within their company or industry; developing brilliant technical solutions for complex issues; creating innovative structures to ensure that the internal function drives the business; or providing a business working model that other corporate counsel should follow.”
Certified by IBGC (Brazilian Institute of Corporate Governance), in the “In Company – Enhancement in Governance for Administrators and Fiscal Board Members of SEM” Course, completed in August 2022.
Certified by Crossover Business School, in the “Board Members and Fiscal Board Members Training Program” Course, completed in August 2021.
Member of the EY Center for Board Matters LAS (Ernst & Young), a forum for board members of large companies (April 2021 – present).
Member of the KPMG ACI Institute and Board Leadership Center, a forum for discussions related to audit and corporate governance for large companies (April 2021 – present).
Mentor at Arena Hub, an innovation and entrepreneurship center, contributing to the development of the sports industry through startups (September 2020 – present).
Evaluator on the judging panel for the “Challenge Like a Player” event promoted by Arena Hub and SEBRAE, aiming to find startups with innovative and technological solutions that can contribute to the development of the sports industry (October 30, 2020).
Member of the Portugal INSEAD Alumni Association (October 2020 – present).
Instructor for the “Sport Event Management – The UPM Sport Academy” Course – held in Malaysia (September 30, 2020).
Speaker at the “ABC Minds Sports” event – Lausanne, Switzerland (October 7, 2019).
Ambassador for Brazil of ALRV/CHIO–Concours Hippique Internationale Officiel (FEI), Aachen (2014-2016).
GRC (Governance, Risks, and Controls) Certified: KPMG Risk University, Risk Management; Control Environment; Audit and Compliance; and Corporate Governance, completed in December 2015.
- Portuguese, English, Spanish.