ROGÉRIO SOBRAL DE MIRANDA
Natural Resources | Infrastructure | M&A | Corporate | Project Finance
+55 21 2114 1700
For more than 25 years, he has developed a legal practice focused on business law, representing clients in local and international transactions related to natural resources and infrastructure projects (in particular oil and gas, power generation, mining, ports and terminals), mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate matters, international contracts and project finance.
He was the head of the gas and power and oil products in the legal practice of Shell in Brazil, where he was extensively exposed to all related legal and contractual matters of the industry, including exploration and production. Prior to founding the firm, he was a partner at a well-known Brazilian law firm.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- He has been appointed as a leading lawyer both in Energy and Natural Resources and in Corporate/M&A by Chambers and Partners, year after year.
- International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers and the World’s Leading Energy and Natural Resources Lawyers, published by Euromoney, recognized him in the Oil and Gas.
- Highlighted by Who’s Who Legal as a reference in the natural resources area in Brazil.
- He has been recommended by the publication Legal 500 and Latin Lawyer 250.
- Brazilian Anuário Análise Advocacia has recognized him as one of the most admired lawyers in Brazil.
- Assisted an international port and navigation company in the acquisition of a tugboat fleet.
- Advised an international steel company in the proposed acquisition of iron ore assets in Brazil.
- Assisted international oil&gas company in the sale to Chinese state-owned oil company of a participating interest in a producing oil field.
- Advised an international mining company in the sale of its participating interest in a private equity fund with reforestation investments.
- Acted for Brazilian oil&gas company in the private placement of new shares in the Brazilian market.
- Assisted an international natural gas company in the proposed sale of natural gas to a Brazilian E&P company.
- Admitted to Portuguese Bar Association.
- Member of the Ethics Court of OAB/RJ in 2010.
- He holds a masters’ degree from the Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy (CEPMLP) of the University of Dundee, Scotland.
- Bachelor of Laws degree from Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro.
- Portuguese, English and Spanish.