Started his career at Shell Brazil (1971-1998), having spent the last ten years at the company as general legal counsel of the Shell Group Companies in Brazil, responsible for oil products, natural gas, mining, metals, chemicals, aviation, as well as for the tax department. Acted as an off counsel and was partner of two major Brazilian law firms. He represents domestic and international clients in mining, Oil & Gas and corporate transactions, and has been actively participating in the review and discussion of bills of law related to the energy industry, in particular natural gas regulations.
- Post-graduated in Business Law from Fundação Dom Cabral.
- Graduated by the Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro.
PUBLICATIONS AND SEMINARS
- Author of many articles and chapters in newspapers, specialized magazines and books dealing with legal and regulatory matters of the Oil & Gas industry.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- He was appointed as one of the most admired lawyers by Análise Advocacia 500 in commercial contracts and infrastructure. He has been listed since 2007 by the International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers in the oil and gas sector and was nominated as a leading lawyer in Energy and Natural Resources by Chambers and Partners from 2008 to 2018. He was nominated as a leading lawyer by Expert Guides to the World’s Leading Energy and Natural Resource Lawyers and by Best Lawyers since 2010. Recognized as “Lawyer of the Year” for his work in Oil and Gas by Best Lawyers 2018. Appointed by Legal 500 Latin America and Latin Lawyer 250 as one of the leading lawyers in Energy and Natural Resources in Brazil.
- Active participation in the process of drafting and enacting of the Law 10.909/09 (The Gas Law) and its regulations.
- Legal assistance to energy companies in the implementation of thermal power plants projects using natural gas, as a result of the auctions promoted by the Ministry of Mines and Energy – MME.
- Legal and regulatory assistance to majors companies on the importation of Liquefied Natural Gas – LNG for industrial and power generation projects.
- Legal and regulatory assistance to oil majors companies regarding natural gas integrated projects (importation, transport and sale).
- Legal Assistance to the national association of the local distribution companies (LDC).
- Brazilian Bar Association, Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo Sections.
- Portuguese and English.