LIANA GLEISER CUNHA
Practice AreasOil and gas, regulatory and contracts
+55 21 2114 1700
Liana began her career with the National Agency for Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels (ANP), having worked in the ANP Attorney General Office and the Superintendence of Exploration. Later, she developed her career in large companies of the regulated market, such as OI, Sonangol Starfish, Logum Logística, and Wartsila.
- In the regulatory area:
(i) for the ANP – participated in the group responsible for drafting technical regulations by the ANP Attorney General Office and the Superintendence of Exploration; in PROGE and SEP was accountable for the internal process of the assignment of Concession Contracts;
(ii) for regulated agents – participated actively in the process of reviewing the regulations for the transportation of pipelines as LOGUM’s representative; was the focal point of Starfish’s relationship with the ANP and responsible for its qualification in the 10th bidding round; in the company Oi conducted administrative processes of ANATEL; was responsible for the analysis, follow-up and preparation of the contributions for proposals of Regulation issued by ANATEL, ANP and ANTAQ, affecting the businesses of the companies where he worked.
- STARTUP: participated in the implementation of the multimodal ethanol transportation system by Logum Logística, involving BNDES financing, negotiation of an Alliance contract, negotiation of contracts related to the interconnection with Transpetro’s pipeline system;
- M&A: advised Starfish acquisition activities by Sonangol;
- Due Diligence: internally led the preparation, control, and monitoring of due diligence processes in Starfish and Logum.
- Classes of Assignment of Concession Agreement on International Private Law at Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro (UERJ).
- Brazilian Bar Association (OAB) – Rio de Janeiro chapter.
- MBA in Economics and Business Law by Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV/Rio).
- Graduated by Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro (PUC/ Rio).
- Portuguese, English and Spanish.