Rodrigo Pinheiro advises on tax matters clients from the most varied sectors of the economy, such as oil and natural gas, shipbuilding, energy, maritime support, education, retail and entertainment.
Pinheiro is a versatile lawyer with a conciliatory style and relevant communication skills with clients and authorities. Actively engaged in discussions and solutions for its customers.
Lawyer with experience in tax consultancy in domestic and international operations. It also represents clients in administrative and judicial litigation, with experience in trials at CARF and the Judiciary Power.
He assisted the reporter to the Subcommittee on Improvement of the Tax Structure of the Natural Gas Sector in the context of the Gas to Grow program (“Gás para Crescer”). He presented the theme “Tax Challenges in the Importation of Natural Gas and LNG”.
Pinheiro was also responsible for the leading case on the constitutionality of the Oil and Gas Inspection Fee established by the State of Rio de Janeiro.
He is a regular advisor of one of the most important shipyards in the country, advising on special customs regimes, such as Repetro, Repetro-Industrialização, drawback and bonded warehouse regime.
RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCES
- Participation in the Subcommittee on Improvement of the Tax Structure of the Natural Gas Sector in the context of the “Gás para Crescer” Program of the Ministry of Mines and Energy.
- Analysis of tax aspects of contracts for the supply of equipment for solar energy generation.
- Elaboration of legal opinions and advices concerning Tax Law.
- Legal advice to multinational companies in the implantation and expansion of manufacturing units in Brazil, with analysis of the fiscal and financial benefits granted by the government entity.
- Broad legal assistance to companies in the implementation of projects in the infrastructure and energy sector, mainly involving tax planning and legal structuring of the enterprise.
- Analysis of public bid instruments and legal opinion on the tax impacts of public bidding requirements and clauses in the administrative contract.
- Analysis and tax planning for the acquisition of capital goods and investment under special tax regimes (REPETRO, Drawback, etc.).
- Administrative litigation of R$ 60 million for the cancellation of infraction notices of electric power generators.
- Administrative litigation of R$ 50 million aiming at recognizing the tax immunity applicable to petroleum derivatives.
- Judicial litigation for Chinese oil and gas operator to avoid the levy of the State Value-added Tax (“ICMS”) on oil extraction activities instituted by the State of Rio de Janeiro.
- Judicial litigation to ensure the applicability of the special custom regime for oil and gas industry known as Repetro to the supply transactions of goods by industrial companies located in Rio de Janeiro.
- Executive MBA at Coppead/UFRJ.
- L.L.M. in Tax Law and Tax Accounting from IBMEC/RJ.
- Graduated from Universidade Federal Fluminense.
- Portuguese and English